Grants ProgramAdvancing Impactful Research
The Design Interventions Grant
In support of its mission, the Foundation awards grants to universities, companies, and organizations in the region to advance impactful research.
To be considered projects should be in alignment with one or more of the Foundation’s strategic pillars: Healthy Communities, Social Equity, Sustainable Systems, and Economic Mobility.
To be executed with grantee once selected.
Applications will be evaluated based on, but not limited to the following criteria:
- Focus on the built environment. How will this project improve the built environment of our Southeastern communities?
- Alignment with the Foundation’s mission. Why is your project important and relevant to you? How does this purpose align with the Foundation’s mission?
- Clarity of focus: How will this project increase opportunities for everyone to live the best life possible, no matter who they are, where they live, or how much money they make? Will your project address more than one area of focus?
- Impact: How will this project make a meaningful, long-term impact on the local community and become a model for other communities?
- Innovation: Is this project pioneering in one or more of these ways?
- Offers a new take or perspective on a long-running, wicked-problem.
- Challenges assumptions or cultural practices.
- Takes an existing idea and gives it a new spin—or a novel application.
- Applies ideas from other fields.,
- Explores how an emerging trend will shape the future.